Introducing Everything Fruits, recipes for our blogs. Help us help you make the best of Fruit products. This time we've brought to you two unique recipes.
1. PAPAYA CAKE
We've all had cakes and we've all had papayas but have we ever thought of having a papaya cake? Bringing to you a simple but delicious recipe for Papaya cake.
3/4 C Fruit papaya puree
1/2 C sugar (Adjust to taste)
6 Tbsp oil + more to grease the cake pan
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 C all-purpose flour, sifted
1 - 1/2 Tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp coconut flour (Sub milk powder)
Confectioners sugar for garnish (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease the cake pan. Line parchment paper on the bottom and also grease the parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Pour the FrutX papaya purée into a hand blender, add in oil, sugar, and vinegar, and blend until smooth.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut flour. Stir in papaya mixture in portions. Mix well. Don’t OVERMIX the batter.
5. Pour the cake batter into the greased cake pan. Bake in the oven for 35 ~ 40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. After it’s done, remove it from the oven. Let it cool on a wire rack for 10 - 12 minutes. You can store the cake in an air-tight container for up to a week.
2. Perad (or Guava Cheese)
It is a popular sweet in Goa at Christmas time, during which the fruit is abundant. Known as 'Goiabada' in many Portuguese-speaking countries, this was originally made from red guavas; over time and across the globe, this has seen many variations in terms of cooking, presentation, and style of consumption as well.
500 grams of Guavas (which yielded 2 cups of Guava pulp)
2 cups of granulated Sugar
2 teaspoons of Lime Juice/Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons of Salted Butter
This dessert is simple, requiring no complicated tricks, but again, it needs time. The ratios of ingredients are easy, where everything follows the quantity of the guava pulp. 1 cup of the pulp needs 1 cup of grain sugar, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of butter. Increase/decrease as per the amount you are to prepare.
Take the guava pulp into the pan, add sugar and lemon juice and start heating it. The sugar will eventually dissolve (at this point you can add the food color of your choice)
Keep on mixing it, after some time (about 30 minutes) you will see the mix leaving the sides of the pan.
(To check it, take some mix into a spoon and place it in cold water, after taking it out, the soft moisture shouldn’t stick to your finger)
After this, add butter to the mixture and let it melt.
Put the mixture into a metal tray and let it cool down.
Once it cools down, cut it into desired pieces